Delivery Driver Helper w/bonus potential
Craft Brewers Guild of MA is a proud member of the Sheehan Family Companies and is the leading craft beer distributor in the state of Massachusetts. Our company places unparalleled value on the strong relationships we have with our customers. We maintain a fine lineup of world class products, and even more importantly, a strong team of world class people.
Craft Brewers Guild of MA is currently looking to fill several delivery helper positions. We are looking for energetic individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a strong sense of responsibility and the desire to obtain their commercial driver’s license class A or B. Craft Brewers Guild of MA will not only train but will pay for your CDL. (CDL license must be attained within 6 months of hire date). A bonus incentive will be paid upon receipt of your learners permit & CDL. This is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Deliver pre-sold cases & barrels to accounts
- Pick up all empty barrels & returning product from our accounts
- Maintain cleanliness of cab and trailer box inside
- Assist driver with invoices & paperwork
- Assist driver in backing up
- Occasionally drive a van for relief routes
- Maintain courteous and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers
- High School diploma or GED
- Must speak English fluently
- Fundamental math skills in order to count and interpret inventory
- Flexibility with schedule
- Non-CDL driver’s license for at least a year
- Desire to obtain CDL Class A or B
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Two wheeled hand truck
- Electric and hydraulic pallet jack
- Case of 24 cans 15 3/4 " X 10 1/2 " X 5" 10 - 30 lb.
- Case of 24 bottles 16 1/2 " X 10 1/2 " X 10" 25 - 48 lb.
- Quarter Barrel 15 1/2 " in diameter, 14" long 87 lb.
- Half Barrel 15 1/2 " in diameter, 23" long 165 lb.
CRITICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Walking and climbing steps and stairs on a frequent basis
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying cases from floor to overhead on a frequent basis
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying quarter barrels and half barrels from floor to 48" on a frequent basis
- Pushing and pulling two wheeled hand truck with cases on level surfaces on a frequent basis
- Pushing and pulling pallet jacks with cases and/or barrels on level surfaces on an occasional basis
- Sustained periods of kneeling, stooping and bending while moving cases and barrels
We offer excellent pay with benefits as well as a bonus incentive program along with the opportunity to learn the beverage industry from the ground up!
All applicants considered for these positions will have a background check, physical and pre-employment drug test.
Craft Brewers Guild of MA is an equal opportunity employer.