Beer House of Kentucky was founded in 1985, bringing the first craft beer to the state in 1990, with the Breckenridge portfolio. Since then, Beer House has grown to be the largest craft beer distributor in Kentucky. In 2011, Beer House joined forces with the The Sheehan Family Companies. Beer House Distributing is considered Kentucky’s premier Craft and Import beer wholesaler, continuing to provide customers with the most sought after brands and personalized service.
OBJECTIVE: The Accounting Manager will be responsible for budgeting, cash requirements, preparation and analysis of financial statements, journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable and government reporting.
- Ensure that the Daily Closing process is completed
- Process multi-state payroll
- Prepare and post monthly entries for Month-end Close.
- Prepare Alcohol Excise Tax Reports
- Reconcile and analyze balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Reconcile and pay all insurances premiums.
- Reconcile all inter-company transactions
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of all monthly financial statements and other quarterly and year-end financial information
- Supervise workflow of Accounting Staff
- Ensure compliance with corporate-wide accounting procedures and policies
- Recommend process improvement to improve accuracy
- Work with internal and external accountants on year-end close
- Partner with other departments to resolve accounting issues as needed
- Work with IT on all computer related issues for the department
- Plan for staffing needs and interview prospective employees
- Conduct office employee performance appraisals
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Accounting or BS with accounting emphasis. Accounting a must.
- 5-7 years proven accounting experience
- Proficient in EXCEL
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proven Management experience
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
* This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company.
Top of the line benefits package and compensation!