Sales Rep - Washington, D.C.
We are looking for energetic, passionate and independent people that want to be part of the most recognized beer distributors and importer in the North East... Our Sales team is searching for professional go getters to join our sales force.
St. Killian Importing of Everett, MA, wholly owned by Sheehan Family Companies, is the US importer for a portfolio of beer brands which includes Carlsberg, Grimbergen, Kronenbourg, Okocim, Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer and Tetley’s.
We are currently have an entry level opening in our Sales Team as a Sales Representative in the Washington, D.C. area.
OBJECTIVE: To increase sales and market share for the St. Killian Importing Portfolio in the assigned territory
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a solicitation schedule of a minimum of 100 accounts on a weekly basis, with a minimum of 25 new account calls per week
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations and promote the good will of the company
- Comply with all federal and local laws
- Secure new package and draft placements
- Establish effective retail relationships in order to grow business in existing accounts and establish business in new accounts
- Monitor draught quality and troubleshoot problems
- Merchandise accounts, securing displays, price features and placing point of sale materials
- Assist in executing national marketing programs at the local level in assigned area
- Attend and assist in special event execution including off premise samplings and on premise promotions
- Execute retail account surveys
- Stay updated on competitor activities and report back to the Regional Manager
- Work closely with appropriate distributor personnel in assigned territory to include work withs and sales presentations
- Educate wholesaler and retailer personnel on product portfolio
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with an emphasis in marketing, sales and management preferred
- Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends as needed
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Valid driver's license
- Ability and willingness to work independently
- Candidate must reside in Washington, D.C. Area.
* This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company.
Top of the line benefits include:
- Health Benefits - $0 in-network deductible!
- Excellent retirement program after 90 days of employment
- Competitive pay and bonus structure
- Mileage reimbursement
- Phone allowance
- Vacation & Personal time
- Employer paid STD & LTD
- Trade spending
This role is an excellent opportunity to align with a world-class portfolio of beers / spirits and a world-class importer in St. Killian.
All candidates considered will have a background check, pre-employment drug screen and a physical.