Merchandiser - Roanoke, VA - Part Time
POSITION AVAILABLE - SPECIALTY BEVERAGE - SANDSTON, VA
TITLE: PART TIME MERCHANDISER
SUPERVISOR: AREA SALES MANAGER
OBJECTIVE: To develop the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to become a Sales Representative.
Position is 24 hours weekly Monday - Wednesday
Primary geographical area of responsibility includes Roanoke, VA, Salem, VA and surrounding area.
Personal vehicle for travel is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Develop rapport with assigned customer base
· Ensure that all product is rotated and code policy is followed
· Proper merchandising of accounts with permanent and paper POS
· Conduct promotions in accounts on a regular basis or when required
· Organize and execute floor displays and placement of window neons and banners at all accounts
· Execute monthly goals as related to business activities
· Maintain a regular schedule of weekly appointments with accounts in assigned area
· Other duties as assigned
· Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
· Valid and clean driver's license
· Ability and willingness to work independently
· Ability and willingness to work weekends
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB:
· Two wheel hand truck
· Car or van
· Hand-held or personal computer
· Case of 24 cans 15 3/4 " X 10 1/2 " X 5" 10 - 30 lb.
· Case of 24 bottles 16 1/2 " X 10 1/2 " X 10" 25 - 48 lb.
· Quarter Barrel 15 1/2 " in diameter, 14" long 87 lb.
· Half Barrel 15 1/2 " in diameter, 23" long 165 lb.
CRITICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Use of hand and foot controls for driving
· Walking and climbing stairs
· Two handed lifting, handling and carrying of cases from floor to overhead levels on a frequent basis
· Two handed lifting, handling, carrying quarter barrels from floor to 36" on an occasional basis
· Two handed lifting, handling, carrying half barrels from floor to 48" on an occasional basis
· Pushing and pulling a hand truck with cases on level and inclined surfaces on a frequent basis
· Sustained squatting, kneeling, and/or bending while handling products
· Sufficient manual dexterity to operate business equipment including, but not limited to, computer, telephone, etc
* This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company.