Delivery Dispatcher & Truck Loader
Craft New York is a proud member of the Sheehan Family Companies and is a leading craft beer distributor in the state of New York. Our company places unparalleled value on the strong relationships we have with our customers. We maintain a fine lineup of world class products, and even more importantly, a strong team of world class people.
Craft NY is currently looking to fill a Delivery Dispatcher position. We are looking for energetic individuals who possess a strong work ethic and a strong sense of responsibility to join and contribute to our team.
- Load all outbound trucks according to company loading procedures.
- Load I-Phones with assigned delivery routes and organize all delivery paperwork by route.
- Distribute Mobilecast equipped I-Phones accordingly to assigned routes during dispatch.
- Communicate all special delivery instructions to delivery drivers.
- Schedule delivery appointments for club stores
- Maintain truck parts database
- Ensure that all guidelines, policies and procedures are being followed at all times.
- Maintain a safe warehouse environment and follow all Company safety procedures and guidelines at all times.
- Record and communicate any operational issues with the respective management staff.
- Ensure that incident reports are filled out accurately and promptly.
- Strong working knowledge and assertive enforcement of Company Operations Dept. Guidelines and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Handle and follow up on customer service questions and problems as they relate to delivery or warehouse issues.
- Supervise delivery routes and modify routes as needed to ensure all daily deliveries are completed
- Handle driver phone calls related to delivery issues, account related problems, and truck issues and use best judgement to rectify the situation.
- CDL-B Driver’s License Preferred
- 2 years warehouse experience
- 2 years delivery experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Managerial Experience with excellent decision making ability
- Ability and willingness to work independently
CRITICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate business equipment including, but not limited to, computer keyboard, telephone, adding machine and copier
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate equipment including, but not limited to, forklift, pallet jack, hand truck
- Climbing stairs and inclined surfaces on an occasional basis
- Walking on hard surfaces on a frequent basis
- Frequent exposure to temperatures ranging from 30 - 100 degrees F on a seasonal basis
- Two handed lifting of up to 40 pounds from floor to shoulder height on an occasional basis
- Two handed lifting of kegs up to 160 pounds from floor to waist
* This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company.
- Health, dental and vision care plan
- Profit sharing and 401(k) plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anheuser-Busch credit union membership
- Supplemental insurance through Aflac/Transamerica
- Flexible spending