Night Warehouse Forklift Operator
OBJECTIVE: To ensure that trucks are accurately and efficiently loaded and unloaded.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Verify unloading report against delivery truck
- Unload delivery trucks
- Put away full and empty beer from trucks in appropriate place
- Sweep out all delivery trailers before reloading
- Condense Breakage from trucks and warehouse onto 2 pallets
- Must be able to learn voice pick system & work independently
- Condense empty import barrels
- Stock shelves & rollers as required
- Neatly stack can bags when emptying bins
- Build Bulk orders – with barcodes facing out.
- Build trucks with room for bulk pallets, empty pallets, & pallet jack (when possible)
- Verify that trucks have been loaded properly
- Sweep and mop any damages created – to ensure safe, clean working conditions
- Complete additional training as required (voice pick)
- Level off pallets on load line & make sure products are left in proper location.
- Sweep, stack empty pallets, and pick up stretch wrap, and dump trash barrels throughout warehouse
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to become certified on forklift operations.
- Read, write, and fundamental math skills.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Electric and hydraulic pallet jack.
- Case of 24 cans 15 3/4 " X 10 1/2 " X 5" 10 - 30 lb.
- Case of 24 bottles 16 1/2 " X 10 1/2 " X 10" 25 - 48 lb.
- Quarter Barrel 15 1/2 " in diameter, 14" long 87 lb.
- Half Barrel 15 1/2 " in diameter, 23" long 165 lb.
CRITICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Walking and climbing steps and stairs.
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying cases from floor to overhead on a frequent basis.
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying quarter barrels from floor to 48" on an occasional basis.
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying half barrels from floor to 36" on an occasional basis.
- Pushing and pulling two wheeled hand truck with cases and/or barrels on level surfaces
- Pushing and pulling pallet jacks with cases and/or barrels on level surfaces.
- Sustained squatting, kneeling, stooping and bending while moving cases and barrels.
on a frequent basis.
* This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company.