Craft Beer Sales Representative
DescriptionCraft Rhode Island's Sales Representatives are responsible for maximizing the sales of our beverage portfolio (beer, cider, wine, kombucha, spirits, water, soda, cocktail mixers) through effective planning, selling, merchandising and communicating that promotes achievement of company and supplier objectives. This is an exciting relationship-driven business that requires strategic sales ability, craft beer and spirits knowledge along with exceptional customer service skills. Candidate should have the confidence and ability to work with all types of personalities, and have the ability to gain trust and grow relationships with all types of people.
- Develop rapport with assigned customer base and promote the good will of the company
- Successful sale, distribution and placement of products
- Prepare and present professional sales presentations to customers by combining both the company’s priorities and customers’ needs.
- Understand company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis by maintaining accurate and up to date records.
- Proper merchandising of accounts with permanent and paper POS
- Effective accounts receivable collections within corporate credit policy
- Conduct promotions in accounts on a regular basis or when required
- Develop new accounts and new placements
- Handle customer inquiries regarding credit, delivery, product information and other inquiries as they arise on a timely basis
- Execute monthly goals as related to business activities
- Maintain a regular schedule of weekly appointments with accounts in assigned area
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Passion for craft beer & spirits
- 2-3 years of direct beverage sales experience
- The ability to properly manage time and prioritize responsibilities on a daily basis
- Knowledge and compliance of legal requirements regarding the sale and delivery of alcoholic beverages in the state of RI
- Must be highly organized, have attention to detail and good time management ability
- Must have business acumen and keen negotiating skills
- Considered a "closer" and can provide evidence to support direct sales achievements
- Valid and clean driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and reliable transportation
Competitive pay, paid time off, 401k plan, full medical and dental insurance.