Night Warehouse Forklift Operator / Truck Loader
Seaboard Products is a local Anheuser-Busch and Craft beer distributor in Danvers, MA and a proud member of the Sheehan Family Companies, a 2013 & 2014 Boston Globe Top Places to Work winner!
We have an excellent career opportunity as a Night Warehouse Forklift Operator in our third shift.
OBJECTIVE: To load and unload retail and supplier trucks, and to ensure proper stock rotation of products in the warehouse.
HOURS: Monday thru Friday 5:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m (or when trucks are loaded)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Load retail delivery trucks with forklift, pallet jack, two wheeled hand cart and by hand as appropriate.
- Unload supplier delivery trailers and retail delivery trucks.
- Stock warehouse in an efficient manner ensuring proper stock rotation.
- Build pallet orders for retail delivery trucks.
- Load empties on trucks for return to supplier.
- Load dunnage, pallets and load bars on trucks for return to supplier.
- Maintain courteous and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers.
- Maintain warehouse to company standards
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Read and write in order to record inventory.
- Fundamental math skills in order to count and interpret inventory
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Two wheeled hand truck.
- Electric and hydraulic pallet jack.
- Case of 24 cans 15 3/4 " X 10 1/2 " X 5" 10 - 30 lb.
- Case of 24 bottles 16 1/2 " X 10 1/2 " X 10" 5 - 48 lb.
- Quarter Barrel 15 1/2 " in diameter, 14" long 65 lb.
- Half Barrel 15 1/2 " in diameter, 23" long 170 lb.
- Bag of Empty Cans Approximately 14" X 20" X 35" 8 - 12 lb.
CRITICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Walking and climbing steps and stairs.
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying and stacking cases from floor to overhead on a repetitive basis.
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying quarter barrels from floor to 84" on an occasional basis.
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying half barrels from floor to 36" on an occasional basis.
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying and stacking can bags from floor to overhead on a repetitive basis.
- Pushing and pulling two wheeled hand truck with cases and/or barrels on level surfaces and up and/or down stairs on a frequent basis.
- Pushing and pulling pallet jacks with cases and/or barrels on level surfaces.
- Sustained squatting, kneeling, stooping and bending while moving and stacking cases and barrels.
* This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company.
We offer excellent pay and benefits and all delivery drivers are eligible for overtime daily after eight (8) hours.
All applicants considered for these positions will have a background check, DOT physical and pre-employment drug test.
Seaboard Products is an equal opportunity employer