Accounts Payable Coordinator - Part Time
St. Killian Importing of Everett, MA, wholly owned by Sheehan Family Companies, is the US importer for a portfolio of beer brands which includes Carlsberg, Grimbergen, Kronenbourg, Okocim, Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer and Tetley’s. We are currently in search of an Accounts Payable Coordinator II.
OBJECTIVE: To ensure that all accounts payable bills for St. Killian Importing are accurately processed and paid through our computer system and that all invoices are accurately processed and billed on a daily basis.
THIS IS A PART TIME position with an average of approximately 25 hours a week. Starting time is 7 - 8 am and the first week of the month will require longer hours than the rest.
- Preparation of all accounts payable invoices received for payment
- Enter all invoices into the computer system on a daily basis
- Cross train to reconcile invoices to purchase orders and work with the sales and inventory department to investigate and correct variances
- Track due dates to ensure that all bills are paid in a timely fashion and that any discounts offered are taken
- Reconciliation and processing of all non-import related freight invoices
- Run Purchase Journal and Cash Disbursements Journals for each batch entered
- Run accounts payable checks/ACH Direct Deposits weekly
- Regular filing of accounts payable invoices
- Process daily invoice reconciliation and register
- Generate daily ShipCo reports and prepare / upload daily MHW EDI files
- Manage all cooperage movement
- Process and distribute weekly wholesaler cooperage credits
- Generate, distribute, and monitor monthly employee credit card reports
- Handle and resolve vendor inquiries regarding account statements, questions regarding invoices, etc.
- Assist Accounting Manager / Staff Accountant
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-5 years’ experience preferred
- Able to multi-task and change job priorities as needed
- Strong math skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of computer systems
- Very high attention to detail
- Office administration or accounting background helpful
- Stress Tolerance: Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Self Control: Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Integrity: Job requires consistency of actions, methods, principles, expectations, and outcomes.
- Dependability: Job requires having excellent attendance, being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Effort: Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Persistence: Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Independence: Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
*This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the Company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other Company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the Company.
All candidates considered will have a background check, pre-employment drug screen and a physical.
This role is an excellent opportunity to align with a world-class portfolio of beers and a world-class importer in St. Killian.
This is an hourly Part time position.